What is the Local Commercial Services Group? How does it differ from all other Fidelity National Title Group offices?
The Local Commercial Services (LCS) Group, based in St. Louis, MO aggregates all of its internal resources within Fidelity National Title Group and its affiliates and agents to offer the most comprehensive title insurance resources in any one office. Our group works with law firms, real estate investment trusts, banks and investments institutions, commercial, industrial and residential developers, property managers, brokerage firms and real estate owned (REO) clients. Our staff is personally committed to developing innovative solutions for complex escrow, construction and other real estate transactions. From title order placement to final policy issuance, our group offers unparalleled solutions, resources and service – all with a human touch.
This comprehensive approach allows our operation to provide value-added customer service at highly-competitive rates.
What products and services are offered by Fidelity National Title Group?
- Title Insurance for the Metro DC area
- Escrow Closing
- Recording and Special Projects
- Construction Disbursing Review & Disbursement
- UCC Insurance & Mezzanine Financing
- Earnest Money Escrow & Document Deposit Escrows
- 1031 Exchange & IPEX Tax Deferred solutions
- National Title Information (www.FNTG.NTIWeb.com) website providing sample document forms, recording related fees and laws and customs for all 50 states
What is Title Insurance and what benefits does it provide?
Title insurance is a form of indemnity insurance which insures against financial loss from defects in title to real property and from the invalidity or unenforceability of mortgage loans. With a title insurance policy, you have an indemnity contract that will reimburse you for loss in the event someone asserts a claim against your property that is covered by the policy.
How can there be a title defect if the title has been searched?
Title insurance is issued after a careful examination of documents filed in the public records. Even the most thorough search cannot absolutely assure that no title hazards are present, despite the knowledge and experience of professional title examiners and underwriting practices. In addition to matters shown by public records, numerous other title problems may exist that are not disclosed in a search.
What does Title Insurance protect against?
Here are just a few of the most common hidden risks that can cause a loss of title or create an encumbrance on title:
What protection does title insurance provide against defects and hidden risks?
- Errors or omissions in recorded legal documents
- Mistakes in examining title records
- Fraud or forgery
- Erroneous or inadequate legal descriptions
- False impersonation of the true owner of the property
- Forged deeds, releases or wills, instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney
- Misinterpretations of wills and deeds by persons of unsound mind
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married
- Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income, real estate or gift taxes
The title insurer will defend it’s insured against any lawsuit attacking title, and will either clear up title problems or compensate the insured for its loss. For a one-time premium, an owner's title insurance policy remains in effect as long as you, or your heirs, retain an interest in the property.
What does this ultimately mean to you?
The peace of mind in knowing that the investment you've made is a safe one. And, in the event of a title defect, you have a company who has been in business for over 160 years and holds the largest claims reserves in the industry to help protect you against costly errors and omissions.
What title companies are affiliated with Fidelity National Title Group?
Our Family of Title Insurance underwriters includes:
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- Commonwealth Title Insurance Company
- Lawyers Title Insurance Company
- Ticor Title Insurance Company
- Alamo Title Insurance Company
The Fidelity National Title Family of Companies represents the largest title insurance network in the world and our claims reserves are larger than all major competitors combined.
How can I place an order for title insurance?
Title orders can be placed by contacting your St. Louis LCS representative or calling us at 314-480-4575. Our attentive staff will promptly review the transaction details and provide an email confirmation of the request including the assigned Fidelity National Title Group file number for future reference.
What information is needed to initiate a title order?
The below information will greatly assist our title examination and coordination staff in promptly and properly completing the requested title commitment searches.
What are your title insurance rates?
- Transaction Type – Sale / Refinance / Construction Financing
- Property Address
- Tax Parcel Numbers and / or Legal Description
- Include any Prior Title Policies or Title Commitments, if available
- Purchase Price / Loan Amount
- Transaction Parties: Seller / Borrower / Current Owner of Record / Buyer / Lender
- Contact Information for Sellers / Buyers / Borrowers / Lenders / all Attorneys
- Contact Information for any parties who should receive the title work once completed
For commercial rates, please contact your St. Louis LCS representative or
314-480-4575 for a deal specific quote catered to the details of your transaction.